TF 727 Diffs betwix 2wd and 4wd

>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:42:26 -0800
>From: George Humphrey <gbhx@domain.elided>
>Subject: Tranny Differences
>
>Is there a difference between the Torque Flight 727 for a 2wd Scout and a
>Torque Flight 727 transmission For a 4wd Scout?

On my '72 RHD, 2wd, 258 engined Scout II, the 727 tranny appears to be
identical to the one for a 4wd in that the rear has the *correct* tailshaft
that is machined flat to accept a Dana 20 transfer case.  Of course, my
particular 727 has the "AMC" bellhousing casting vs. the "I-H" bellhousing
casting, but this is mentioned only as a side issue and doesn't affect the
"tail" end of the tranny.

Tom Lang
Augusta, GA