Re: Got these parts?

Yank Yarborough Wrote among other things:

> Lastly, can someone point me to the correct location of the sending
> unit/gas guage ground wire? My tank shows half full after fill-up, and I
> would like to check the ground.

Yank,

I'm not sure on the Scout II, but on my Model 80, the base of the sending
unit itself is the ground. It is grounded to the gas tank through the mounting
screws, which brings up a problem that I had when I replaced my sending units.
The new units that I got from one of the scout vendors had little rubber
washers on the mounting screws. Of course those washers caused the unit to
NOT be grounded properly. (This took me many hours to diagnose  :(   ). In
order to get the unit to ground properly, I removed a rubber washer from one
of the 7 mounting screws. So far, I have no leakage from that screw...

Hope that helps,

John Townley
San Diego, CA & Yuma, AZ
65 Scout 80