Re: One man Scout II top removal

> That's that way I take my Scout II Top off.
> After removing the top's interior panels, and attachment screws and
> bolts - w/tailgate lowered - lift the top with my back, and walk the
> top to the rear, and slowly lower the rear to the floor.

"Me too, me too!"... though if someone's handy, 3 people make the task
"cake".. last weekend we lifted my SII top off and walked it a few feet
to lay it in the yard, on four logs from the wood pile.  One person at
each door area, one at the liftgate.

Last winter when it came time to put the top on, I tried using my shop
hoist.. and RAN OUT OF HOIST.  Barely got the top on.. but then, I have
4" of lift and 33s. ;-)  Next time I guess I air down..

I like the 4-posts in the yard idea.  I may have to set this up.

Gonna go buy some 4x4 posts for lifting body tubs off after work.. I'm
thinking two 36" tall posts to go just behind the rear tires on the
stiffeners behind the rear wheel well.  Then one 6' post to go across up
front, and I have a couple of 4x4 posts already that, when put under the
6' cross-wise post, should lift the front up high enough for everything
to clear when I drag the drivetrain out.

Probably lower the tub when we're done and set it on some more logs from
the woodpile...

Cars on blocks?  Heck no.. you have to buy concrete blocks... but I can
chop lots of firewood. ;-)

-Tom