One man Scout II top removal

> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:49:40 -0600
> From: Paul Brakefield <Dirtball@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Getting the top off a Scout 800
>
> I put mine on and off by myself-
>
> Unbolt the top, step up in the back, put your back in the middle, and lift.
> Walk it to the back until you can tilt the back down to the ground.  Stand
> it up on the liftgate until the truck is moved, or pivot out of the way.
> If mine was a little closer to the ground it would be even easier (a
> springover and 33s gets that puppy up there!).
>
> I used to remove the top to my 75 Blazer the same way.  It just takes a
> little practice.  Well, a little size helps, too.
>
> Haven't tried the Scout II yet, but I will soon.

Paul

That's that way I take my Scout II Top off.

After removing the top's interior panels, and attachment screws and
bolts - w/tailgate lowered - lift the top with my back, and walk the
top to the rear, and slowly lower the rear to the floor.

I put a piece of plywood on the garage floor behind the tailgate to
lower the rear of the top onto and protect the bottom of the top's
sail panels.

You have to find the balance point - and it ain't pretty - but it
works.

Once the rear of the top is on the floor, you can place it on saw
horses, lean it up against the wall, etc.

You can reverse the process by placing a 2x4 - which extends out from
each side - across the body rails at the rear to provide a broad rest
for the top's front rails while walking the top back onto the body.

It is easier taking the top off than it putting it back on.

Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided