Getting the top off a Scout 800

Here is how I get the full top on and off
my 68 Scout 800.

I put 4 posts in my back yard set up in a rectangle.

Side to side they are just far enough apart for me to
back between them. When I back between them the
front pair is just behind the doors and the rear pair
is just in front of the rear bumper.

The posts are just a bit
higher than the bed rails on my scout. Then I unbold the
top, lift it up the back and slide a 2x4 across, Lift up the
front and slide another 2x4 across.  Drive straight out.

A couple of ropes over the top to hold it down and i'm
done.

Takes 15 to 20 minutes and I can do it by myself.

- Ted Packard