Key Tumbler removal

When I went to test the engine in the '72 Scout II I brought home on
Saturday I had to hotwire it.. since I neglected to ask about any keys
when I picked it up!  d'oh!

The column is in good shape with an aftermarket steering wheel on it and
a key assembly.. which makes it better than the column I was going to
use for the racer (which lacks a wheel or key)..

I'd like to pop the tumbler assembly out of the column and have a key
made for it..

Any suggestions on removing the tumbler w/o the right key?  I know it
can be done.. my '77 lacked keys when the previous owner bought it.

I didn't look if this was detailed in the IH Shop manual yet.. I'll look
this evening or so.  I'd also like to fix the '77 tumbler from falling
out... I think that's also why I don't have an "ACC" position.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
3 Scout IIs.  Plus one cut up for parts and another parts truck
currently under the knife..