5spd home

Ahh, home with the 5spd.  I got real lucky... my friend Jeff Jamison* and I
had a Travellette relay where I took mine to his house (not quite half way)
and we took his to the farm the Loadstar was at.  Of course, we missed a
turn and got there much later than planned.  That's maybe, uh, not the first
time.

However, the binder gods smiled on us:
1) the huge storm they were calling for all week basically failed to
materialize.

2) the owner for whatever reason... he just seemed like a really cool guy...
pulled the tranny *himself* Saturday, even though he didn't have to.  When
we (finally) showed up, it was hanging from a chain off a JD loader.  Ok,
we'll have to excuse his green tractor, I guess, but that was a fine sight
to see since we got there at about our planned departure time.

3) While on the wrong road, we ran across a private IH graveyard.  A number
of '60s trucks, two or maybe three still road-worthy.  One of them was a
cute blue 65 (?) 1000 from Utah which looks like a pretty easy restoration.
We'll have to make another trip back when we have more time and better
weather (and when the guy there convinces us that Cujo behind the fence was
really as friendly as he said he was).

So I'm pretty excited.  However, that noise that started the whole thing has
completely disappeared, so the tranny will probably sit for a few months.
I'm going to try to talk myself into selling the PTO off of it... I mean, if
the PTO is on there then I'm eventually going to have to DO something with
it <bg>... and I have enough projects in the works and ideas on the back
burner to keep me busy for 3 lifetimes.

*I probably spelled his last name wrong but everybody screws mine up so it's
only fair

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA