Paragon Aftermath part 3

   Today (sunday) Dennis and Lori Petterson drove Good back for my
weekly visitation rights and Dennis fixed his truck and I got to keep
Good!
   As you may recall, Dennis ruptured a fuel tank and destroyed an axle.
Last week Dennis swapped in a new fuel tank, and my spare 3.54 axle.
After all that we couldn't get it to start. We decided that we must have
pinched the fuel line with the tank against the body.
   So this week, Dennis dropped the tank again and sure enough, the fuel
line was completely pancaked between the rear body floor brace and the
tank. Dennis replaced the hose with a new one, making sure not to pinch
it this time. That and a new fuel filter and we had the beast running.
   There was a problem however, it was missing. We headed out to eat
lunch, me in Good and Dennis and Lori following in the Dirt Devil. When
we got to Burger King, Dennis pulled the dist cap and found that the
rotor was falling apart! The cap on the rotor that covers the resistor
broke and the metal portion of the rotor fell apart!
   Fortunantly I was with them and we shot down to the first auto parts
store. At the first place the guy thought he said brake rotor and told
Dennis, that will be $126! Dennis said, WHAT! What is it made of solid
platinum? Then the guy realised he ment dist rotor and he said, oh, that
is $6, but I don't stock it! So, off to Poop Boys. They had one and a
quick trip back to Dennis' truck and all was better.
   So, I finally got Good back, Dennis got his truck back, and my dad
got his parking space in the driveway back.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
http://www.triplediamond.org