800a questions...

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've moved and now have a garage to
properly care for my 800a.

I haven't taken the top (full top) yet.  I'm scheming a way to suspend my
top from the ceiling in my garage during the summer.  So my first question
is how much does the average 800 full top weigh?  Before I go overboard with
this little project, what do you guys do with your full tops when you riding
topless?

Now that the Scout is garage-kept, I've noticed some really heavy gasoline
fumes -- possibly from both tanks.  Anyone have suggestions for the the best
way to remove/repair/replace the gas tanks in an 800?  While thinking about
replacements (if the tanks are that bad off), I'd like to look at putting a
new tank(s) in.  Anyone have suggestions for what kind of tanks to put in?
I remember a thread a while back about aluminum tanks and galvanization, but
what about the "plastic" tanks?  I would think static electricity would be a
problem, but they're in most new/light cars today.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
'70 800A