It is a binder weekend!

Well, I did not bring a Scout home, or even to agree to buy the one that
I looked at today, but things still turned out great. I am going to buy
the Spirit of 76 that I looked at back in January. After looking at
three others with lackluster bodies, my dad and I decided that we would
much rather fix the moter in the 76 than deal with major body problems.
So I call up the owner to see what is going on with the Scout, turns out
he has done some research and talked to a good frend who is a mechanic
and has concluded that the problem is either a stuck lifter or a bad
pushrod (not a bad valve). So I think great, I won't  have to pull the
head to fix it. Then he goes on to tell me that he wants to fix the
engine first before he sells it, says he does not want to sell me a
potential problem. And for the same price too. As you can tell the owner
is an all around great guy, as honest as they come, and even going
beyond the expected. So in a few of weeks (owner said he was planning on
doing the work the weekend after next) I will be able to bring my Scout
home. All it will really need is spring bushings, door seals, a grill,
and a paint job. The body is in spectacluar shape, as it was originally
an Arizona truck just showing a little bit of surface rust in a couple
of places. Specifics are: 345 4 barrel, wide ratio t-19, d20 transfer
case, factory roll bar, hard and soft tops, BFG AT 31x10.5's, manual
hubs, newly recovered seats, step bumper.

David Nuenke
Spirit of 76