Re: Antenna whip

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and Howard R Pletcher
<n9ads@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>Yes, I think you are right.  I remembered an extra 10" in that 118" I
>quoted.  Yes, you want it to be an exact 1/4 of the radio wavelength.

Formula for calculating *1/4* wave antenna length:

(468/Frequency)*6 = Antenna length in inches

For example...

CB Channel 1 = 26.965

    (468/26.965)*6 = 104.13"

CB Channel 20 = 27.205

    (468/27.205)*6 = 103.22"

CB Channel 40 = 27.405

    (468/27.405)*6 = 102.46"

So again, you can see that no one antenna length is exactly right for all
frequencies.  This is why you normally split the difference in SWR error
across the entire range of frequencies on a CB.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)