RE: finally the Gold box strikes....

Jim Butterfield wrote:
> Another alternative is coverting to a duraspark as posted on Jim Weeds
> page. How did you get the Delco Hei to work? The cap is much different.
> Or did you use a remote coil pack (like on newer HEI's) and just use the
> small ( very nice package) pickup in side the dist???

There's a fellow in Pueblo named Willie Green who is a machinist, and an old
IH fan.  He converts early 80s Delco HEI distributors to work with IH
engines.  I went this way because my distributor was shot (varying dwell),
it was only $150, already has a fairly hot coil, and there's about a million
products that easily work with this distributor.

Installation took about 90 minutes.  There's a lot of room around the base,
but it's really tight around the thermostat.  We ended up removing the
thermostat and cutting off one of the unused bolt holes to make more space.

If you want more info just let me know and I'll forward you a post that I
sent to the digest almost 2 years ago.

Ken Farmer
1974 Travelall, 392, Delco HEI
1975 Travelall, New goldbox
1980 Scout II, 304, Holly Distrib, MSD 6A, Timing Adjust Box in the
not-too-distance future!!!!!