Starter or Starter Relay

	I need some help getting my '68 Scout 800A started.  After a couple
minutes of extended cranking (short periods with a couple breaks in
between, of course) I heard a *POP* from up front.  Following the noise the
starter would not engage.  To add to my confusion I also get no other
electronic activity.  No headlight, gauges, radio, etc, regardless of the
key position (Start, off, ACC).   Trouble shooting I have tried to date is:
 1. Multi-meter to the battery (13 Volts)   2.  Multi-meter to the hot wire
on the starter and starter case (13 volts)   3.  Shorting across the
starter/solenoid(?) leads (both of them) to force the starter to crank.
(nothing, no crank, no click, no hum, ZIP!).

	What did I fry?  Starter?  Solenoid?  Starter Relay?  The first two I can
find, but where is the starter relay located.  Up under the dash somewhere
is my assumption.  Thanks in advance.

Steve Fischer
'68 Scout 800A, Transplanted  304, and currently immobile!