Carb Rebuild, More Questions

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of disassembling the carb. The service manual advises
to "Remove the pump inlet check valve retainer and the pump discharge
valve retainer."  The picture shows a screwdriver being used to remove
the two retainers, which evidently have slotted heads, from the main
well and economizer body.

My body does not have the screws, but what appears to be pressed in
plugs.  There are no replacement plugs in the rebuild kit.  Is iit
mperative to remove these and discard the steel balls?

Also, the manual calls for removing the choke plate screws and replacing
them on reassembly.  Again, my kit does not have new screws.  Can this
step be ommitted?

Thanks for your patience, I,m sure I'll have more questrions.

Chad Sibert