Re: Worn ball joints & radial directions

Tom Harais wrote:
> Mine is the same.  An alignment shop guy told me they were built that way
> and that nothing could be done. My tires wear on the outside edges too!
> Always have. Camber is very visual. Seems like they should be much more
> "straight up and down".

I know it can't be *adjusted*... but would worn balljoints allow for
camber "slop"?

But, barring shot ball joints (which I'll check anyhow), I guess my
assessment of "do the 33s just amplify the look?" is correct then..

OK, next question.. I thought I heard radials *can* be swapped side to
side these days and that the belts taking a "set" to one direction of
rotation over another was only true "in the old days"...

Since the tires currently on the rear are worn past 1/2 way thanks to
the severe toe-out I had, and now the good tires are wearing on the
outside edge... would it be a bad idea to rotate the tires once more as
is.. but maybe think about flopping the tire carcasses around to switch
the "inside" with the "outside"?  I have access to a friend with a
computerized wheel balancer and automatic tire changing station in his
shop (why, I don't know..)

For that matter, $10 to dismount and remount n' balance isn't much
compared to $135 a tire..

-Tom