Re: What winch for a 74 Scout II, and price?

Summit Racing (1-800-230-3030) sells the Superwinch S9000 for $650 w/
roller fairlead & cables. Add $60 for the mounting plate and $5 S&H.

It is a great winch, plenty stong enough (11,000 # stall) for a Scout II.

It does not have a brake though; if you pull hard enough (like hanging
a Scout off a tree on a 60 degree hill) it will unspool.  So you have
to hit the power.  Typically, you don't need a brake.

Bob
77 Scout II