RE: U-bolt Skid plates

One of the lastest things I did was to bash up the front U-bolt plates. I made
the rear plates last summer, but the front pass. side is a little more
difficult, unless you like the angle of the  U-bolt with the J. Weed style.  I
saw the IH Only U-Bolt kit by Jeff Ismail, It has the plate on top, with
square bolts, really nice.  Called Jeff a couple days ago, NO more IH Only,
only one U-Bolt set left, $275,  Said that he will make more latter in the
year, and some of just the front pass side.
I will make a front set this weekend.
The problem with Warrior, is that you do not gain any ground clearence.
Scott Ray
'76 Scout

How thick should I make a bottom skid plate? 1/8"?
going from the behind the spring hanger to a little past the tranny cross
member.