exhaust bolts

>The best way I've found to take care of this is to hold the top nut with a
>small 9/16" open end wrench and tighten or loosen the bolt head from

when I GOT to that point I was fine.. the trick was trying to hold the
exhaust pipe (which was still attached further down so it didn't have many
degrees of freedom) with a donut on top and then the heat riser on top of
that THEN another gasket all in one place... then getting the nut blindly
threaded on top of the bolt w/out something falling out of this Dagwood
sandwich.

Put the studs through the manifold holes, thread the nuts on the top, then
slide everything up on it one at a time like God intended.  The problem is
finding long enough studs.

I don't use the crushed foil type because it looks to me like the design was
supposed to allow some rotation- otherwise, why not just a flat flange?  But
come to think of it, IH engines don't heel over like other makes when you
hit the gas.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA