Re: U-bolt Skid plates

What I meant to say in my skid plate design was that the 2" would be
basically the width of the nut and maybe a 1/2" of metal that would be
between the nut and the axle housing.  Maybe 2" is too much, but just
thick enough to cover a countersunk nut and some steel to attach with.
Looking at it from the side:

The Nut would be in here and flush with the bottom of the plate, with
room to fit a socket on the nut.  Hope my ASCII art doesn't get mangled.

Mike A's idea of square U-bolts would work, but the pass. side of most
scout D44's has that hump on top that would have to be considered.

Rob Cavaleri
Yellow Scout