Springover Update, parts needed

If nobody is interested in these updates, just let me know
and I'll stop wasting bandwidth.

Less progress this week (had a family event last weekend, so I
had less garage time).

Finished rebuilding the Dana 300/installing 4:1 gearset, removed
the old dana 20, and ready to install the 300 (though I'll probably
paint it first).

Ordered a rear driveshaft from Six States, should receive it today.

Jacked up one rear wheel to check clearance. It began rubbing the
front of the wheel well way before full upward travel. I did some
trimming, then checked with a friend who has done a springover
and confirmed that he moved his rear axle back one inch. I'll
remove the rear axle this weekend and redrill the main leaf to
accomplish this (you can also do this with modifications to the
spring perch, but drilling the main leaf seemed more
straightforward to me). I'm considering (on Tony Sobrito's
suggestion) cutting the eyes off a pair of main leaves and adding
them to the rear spring packs to help counteract spring wrap.
The Scout sits almost exactly level now - we'll see how the extra
leaf affects this. I wouldn't mind the rear being maybe 1" higher,
but no more than that.

Almost done building a 'Z' draglink. I looked, and noticed that
there wouldn't be room between the control arm  (whatever you
call the arm on the knuckle that the drag link and tie rod bolt
to) and the leaf spring for the drag link to attach. Checked
with my friend again and confirmed that he reamed the control
arm to reverse the taper so the drag link could bolt from below
rather than above the control arm. I know, the taper won't be
quite right, instead of this:
___  __
  /  \
_/    \_

it'll be like this:
__     __
  \   /
__/   \__

but I think it will work, and if it slips, I'll weld the inside
of the hole to build up metal, then re-ream.

Still waiting on brake parts (TSM is backordered on rotors, and
Jim Maulis is backordered on brake lines).

I decided that I need a parking brake of some kind (I've lived
without for several years, but some organized trail runs require
them). I looked into the Mico Lock hydraulic locks, but they're
awfully expensive (about$180 for one that will lock just the
rear wheels, about $400 for one that will lock both). So I decided
to just reinstall a stock parking brake for now (the TSM kit can
use early 80s cadillac eldorado calipers that use a cable for
a parking brake, not sure whether the stock Scout cable will
work, but I'll give it a try). On that note, does anyone want
to sell me the parking brake setup out of their parts Scout? I
think I still have the pedal assembly, but I need both cables
(the one that attaches to the rear axle, and the one that
connects it to the pedal assembly), and all the little clips that
hold it in place).

Haven't started making shock mounts yet, because I want to check
travel first to see where they need to go.