exaust bolts

Chris,
    I agree, the exaust-to-manifold bolts are a pain in the A$#! To
prevent having to hold the top while
turning the bottom, I made a device to hold the bolts when i had my
maniffolds off. I got ahold of square
head bolts and got some alunium about .2" and wraped it around the bolt
head, this wedged the head
agianst the side of the maifold.
    If you dont want to do the above the easist way i found tighten
thoes bolts is to :
    1. remove front wheels
    2. jack upp scout real high by the frame (use heavy-duty jack stands
of course)
    3. have your friendly assistant hold a screwdriver between the side
of the nut and the
        side of the manifold to prevent it from turning
    4. tighten bolt from bottom.

    Grant