Re: Starter Woes

Daniel Nees wrote:

> Chad,
>    Didi you try pulling the plugs and cranking the engine with the
> cylinders opened?
>
> _____Dan Nees_____
> cookiedan@domain.elided
> Keep Scoutin' and I'll be Travelalling along!
> 3 Scout II's and still counting!
> http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html

 That hadn't occurred to me, if the engine turns, does that point to not
replacing the starter?  The starter runs off the engine, but not on it.
When you give it power (on the engine), you hear a noise consistent with
the gear jumping out towards the flywheel.  I assume its engaging, I
can't see why it wouldn't be (however, I did have the tooth ring on the
flywheel reversed because of worn teeth - would this cause a probelm?).
If the problem was that it's not properly engaging, wouldn't it still be
turning?

Chad