Pitman Pulling Problems

So the bushing under my the steering ball on the steering arm seems to
be worn nearly away and seems to be the source of some serious play. I
decided to replace it (and possibly the ball) are these parts available
at normal outlets (Checker, Autozone, NAPA, etc..)? I am not even sure
of which front end it is. The lineset claims a FA-1 it has obviously
been changed since it has 4wd (it's a '72 T'All and appears to be a Dana
44 up there).

Well I loosened the retaining nut, applied liberal amounts of WD-40, and
applied my cheesy pitman arm puller. The darn thing would not budge;
trust me, I applied a lot of pressure - I am sure I exceeded the 2 ton
rating of the puller. When I get home tonight I think I will apply heat.
Should I attempt using a tie-rod spreader (I have no idea what has
happened to mine). Any ideas short of getting the impact wrench out and
removing the whole assembly as a unit and taking it somewhere with a
press?

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                                   tele: 520-617-0072 x402
Sonoran Scanners, Inc.             email: ehegstrom@domain.elided