RE: Choke as an engine brake? (fwd)

Tom,

One problem is fuel shutoff. On a diesel with fuel injection, or a gas
engine with fuel injection (and access to the programming) it is no trick to
shut it completely off.  My Aerostar does this on long downgrades.  With a
carburetor I have no idea how you could shut off the fuel completely.
Shuttting the gas line and waiting for the carb to run dry takes too long.
Anything short of a 10 mile downgrade wouldn't work.

I sort of doubt if the heat riser shuts tight enough to develope enough
pressure to do any good.  It also isn't nearly strong enough.  That's a lot
of force on a 2 inch dia valve.

Steve