Re: Stupid junkyards. (Chrome Wheels?)

Chris:
  Yeah, opinions are free!!!
  I had some Chrome modular style mags on my truck.  If you have
any male dogs around, they rust bad.  And, the wheel shop never was
able to find center caps for the back deep enough to cover my full
floating D60.  It seems that IHC is longer than the "big 3".  Lastly,
I had 8-1/4" rims with 9.50x16.5 tires on them, and unless you are
going with a really wide tire, I think your steering will be better with
a narrower rim.

Also, you might want to check the weight capacity ratings, I think the
standard Ford stockers have more capacity than those wagon wheels.
I bought a set of 4 16" Ford stockers with tires that had about 1/4"
tread for $200.  Wrecking yards tend to be spendy, so you might try
a tire/wheel shop near a Ford dealer.  Sometimes the dealer will
have aftermarket wheels/tires put on to help sell some of these new
4x4s.  Sometimes the tire shops take the stock wheels/tires in
trade from the dealer and then sell them.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup