Gumby fan

I recently got the most important stage of PS addition to the TE done-
putting the extra pulleys on.

When I took the fan off, I thought- oh crap, it's bent to h*ll...  Then I
looked closer.  It's not bent at all.  It's a five blade fan, with three of
the blades spaced pretty much as you'd expect, but the other two are tucked
close together by themself..  If you painted it green and added eyes, it'd
look like Gumby.

WTH is up with this?  Anybody else have one of these?  It looks like one of
those cases where a big company (such as IH) had some Nutty Professor from a
major and money-hungry university design something for them.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA