Re: Fender removal

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:46:17 -0600 (CST) Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> writes:
>Kevin,
>
>You don't need to remove the fenders.  It looks like it but you don't.
>It is easier to remove the A/C compressor and brake booster & power
>steering pump and you have all the room you need.
>
>removing the outer fenders won't help.  The inner fenders are the front
>body structure.  Removing these is a seriously big job.
>
>I can now put in my right exhaust header with the A/C in place.

It's not necessary to remove anything (except the manifolds and possibly
the dip stick) to install headers (Stan's).  I do have a 3" body lift on
mine, but I don't think that adds any clearance around the engine.  Just
point the collector end down and work the header down into position and
rotate it to the rear.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]