Re: Springover Update

Curt Cleavinger wrote:
> It looks pretty good. It's tall, but not excessively so. There's about 9" clearance
> between the tops of the tires and the fender wells. The bottom of the frame is
> about 21" off the ground - that's with springs that are almost completely flat.

Curt - look much like:

http://walnut.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/jpg/racer/test_tire_fitment1/33_wheel_wellsm.jpg

(More pics
http://walnut.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/jpg/racer/test_tire_fitment1/contact.jpg
)

That's my latest project... springs over on a Travelall axle.. with one
of my 33x12.50s for test fit purposes.

Can you measure "top of axle to bumpstop bracket" or frame?  I have
10.5" on this T'all axle swap.  That's 7" of real lift over stock (stock
is about 3.5" of clearance)

>   - measure how much uptravel there is before the tires rub - this will tell me how long the
>     bump stops need to be, and where the shock mounts need to be. I'll trim anything
>     trimmable before deciding what the maximum uptravel will be, and I'm considering

What size meats?  Bigger than 31s, you should look into just redoing the
rear wheel wells.. the back side is problematic.

>   - fabricate/install rear lower shock mounts to weld onto the axle tubes

It was suggested that I get a U-bolt, put it around the axle, clamp it
down, and use one "longer" arm of the U-bolt as a shock mount... get it
how you want it, then weld.

-Tom