Troop top, 16" whls, NP205 Low range

     Mark,

        That top was actually the best working top I ever had on the truck!
      And quiet too!  Just the gentle sound of the breeze.  Mileage was
     better too!  Anyway, I made the troop top using a huge heavy canvas,
     that probably came from surplus somewhere.  It was a coated outdoor
     canvas that I got when I used toset up carnival booths when I was in
     college.  I used 1/2" EMT EZ-Pull conduit to form the overbars, and
     two lengths of redwood 2x4 mounted onthe bed rails.  I mounted the 2x4
     with the 4" vertical and drilled 5/16 or 3/8 (Cant remember) through
     the wood to secure it to the factory bolt locations for the top with
     5" long bolts.  I then used a Speed-bore (Spade bit) To drill the
     1/2"holes for the conduit.  I left the factory bed-rail caps on there,
     and they made a great stop so the spade bit only went as far down as
     the center point.  AFTER I had put the crossbars in I then drilled 1/4
     holes through the 2" part of the wood.  I put 1/4" x 3" Eye bolts
     through the wood AND the cross bars and put wing nuts on the inside.
     Now I draped the canopy over the truck, and added a few more grommets
     tothe edging, then zig-zagged the rope through the eyebolts, and the
     tarp grommets and tied knots at the rear.  I put 1/4 eye bolts through
     the factory windshield attachment locations and tied the canopy there
     too.  The front corners could be folded down and draped over the side
     windows (To keep out the rain) and then secured at the front bar base
     with a wire or rope.

        Voila, troop top.  The back was still a bit long, I had another bar
     that could go on at an angle in the back to make a nice shade canopy
     of about 6 feet off the back of the truck.  usually I just kept it
     wired shut across the back.  I could still open the tailgate and not
     interfere with the top.  Kinda neat.  Every other scout, you haveto
     open the lift gate THEN the tailgate.  This on I could open just the
     bottom.

        I still have the kit, maybe I'll put it back on sometime.  When I
     have time. YR>

        -Good luck,

        Joel