problems

   History.
Dec 5 1998. Wheeling in Paragon. 345 auto. Crawling up the mountain and
the engine starts over heating. I get over the mountain and I'm having
trouble keeping it idleing just right. I loose all oil pressure on the
gauge. (Stock) Then I run that first puddle that you see on the web site
then start playing in the next puddle. When I finished making a few runs
I parked the truck and REALLY having trouble keeping it running. I shut
it down and proceeded to dry the distributer cap. No effect. I open the
air cleaner and find water floating around inside. Drain it out. Still
can't keep it idling. We move on and I head into the mini-rube.
Everything is fine until the tranny quits because of the mud inside. We
drag it out and I drive it back to the hotel. At the hotel I get it to
run a little bit better, but not much. Next day, drive home from
Paragon. Still no oil pressure. About half way home I start getting
valve train noise. Not lifters. (Well maybe.) Really loud. Limp home.
   Recent history.
   I rebuild tranny. I drop oil pan and clean out water and mud inside.
I start it up today and I still have some valve train noise, nothing
like it was. BUT, there is Massive amounts of oil smoke billowing out
the exaust. Mostly out of the left side of the engine, but; occasionally
out of the right, especially when I would rev the engine. I had the
engine running for almost 20 minutes and there was still smoke billowing
out. STILL no oil pressure. Now when I first started it up I had
pressure so the gauge works.
   What do you think?

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
Keep Scoutin' and I'll be Travelalling along!
3 Scout II's and still counting!