re:crazy MD inspections

Believe it or not all they are mainly concerned about in terms of rust
is holes in the body. Any "exterior" parts of the truck such as the body
mounts or the doghouse can be rusted and still pass. Basically a
cosmetic hole on the top of a quarter will fail you, but you can pass
with a rusted out body mount. As I stated earlier I do have enough
commen sense to make sure that the truck is structurally strong as well.
The general thought is that the law was passed by the body shop and new
car dealer loby. Even more interesting, you have to go through this
inspection once when you title the vehicle, and never again. So you can
run with almost no body at all, it just has to be free of rust holes
when you title it.

David Nuenke
--needs to find a new state to register scouts in--