Re: Fender removal

Daniel Nees wrote:
>    Theoretically, it is possible to pull the entire front clp off of the
> frame. This is not as easy as it sounds, and I've never explored how
> it's done. Maybe Howard could elaborate on how it is done. I believe the
> shop manual explains how to do it. If you have one, and if you don't
> shame on you, let me know and I'll look for you.

Having recently done all of this...

If you look on the "fitting 33s" page on my website there's a pic of my
'77 sans driver's fender (thanks to a concrete pillar I hit..)

Anyhow.. lots of bolts.  Lots of annoying little "strip of metal
threaded for a bolt" that was once tack-welded to the sheet metal that
will no longer be tack welded.  Have fun with those.

Bolts along the fender top (under hood).  Bolts from the door hinge
area.  Bolts to hold the inner and outer fenders together in the wheel
well.  3 bolts at the front hood hinge area, and a few hidden bolts that
tie the lower grille and the fender together.  Then remove the fender.

Grille is held in place by a few bolts along the top of the radiator
supports (if memory serves me).  Also bolted to the fenders, but you'll
have 'em off first.

Radiator supports are welded to the inner fenders.  Unbolt inner fenders
from firewall and remove the front body mount on the radiator support
and remove.

What was the question, anyhow?

-Tom