Scout Trip #3

It looks as if the third time just might be the charm. I looked at a 79
today, and had a much better experience than two weeks ago. The body was
about what I expected, not perfect, but workable. The rundown on the
truck is a follows: 304 V8 (rebuilt 20k ago), t-19 4 speed (I think
wide), d20 t-case, 32-33x10.5 tires, 3 inch body lift, 2 inch shackle
lift, new clutch, massive custom roll bar, class II hitch, lots of spare
parts and an indexed shop manual. Problems include rusted out drivers
side outer rocker, 1 maybe two body mounts that need to be replaced,
some rust through on the top of the drivers side quarter, rust on the
cowl in front of the winshield, and a brake booster that needs to be
replaced (part included). Due to Maryland's rather dumb inspection laws
I have to get the rocker and quarter fixed before I can liscence it, and
will get the body mount fixed becasue it is a good idea. As long as I
can do this affordibly this truck is probably a go. It also comes with a
727 and a 345, both were runing when pulled. I have no need for the 727
and my dad is not very keen about me keeping a spare engine in his
garage, so the tranny and probably the engine may be for sale immediatly
to bankrole the body work. Anyone interested? Hopefully I can get some
answers about the body work tomarrow and should know by Thurday or so
whether it is a go.

David Nuenke
79 Scout II?????