spring perches

I would not use the 'Con Ferr' spring perches. My experience has been the
material is way to thin and the spring perch will deform and collapse over
time. They might have been "OK" for a 2000lb jeep with a 4 banger but
absolutely not strong enough for the scout. I have seen some pretty stout
looking home made ones made from .250 thick tubing or channel. I just
bought some beefy ones from Currie Enterprises in CA. Same ones they use on
all their custom axles for about $20 a pair + shipping. Dynatrac in Garden
Grove Ca. sells the solid cast? style OEM perches for an absolutely
bulletproof spring pad. My only problem with them has been removing them
for axle mods later on, if anyone has any trick on that one please let us know.
Go Big!

later
Tony