Re: ihc-digest V6 #582

Hello,

This may be thought of as blasphemy by some people, but here goes
anyway.  I have a '61 scout, named Rusty for a very good reason.  about
40% of the sheet metal is gone and about 20% is rusted through, still
hanging though.  here's the deal, last weekend I saw an ad on the paper
for a '61 scout with a Ford 302 under the hood.  how in the heck?  I
thought it was too long.  I thought the engine bay was too short for
anything but the 196.  any ideas on what I'd need if I wanted to put a
302 under the hood?  Is this going to require a lot of cutting and
welding?

Another question...I also have a '62 scout that's pretty clean, John
Deere.  I wish the circumstances were reversed, but...  I'd like to
think I have a clean '61 scout, the first year.  anywho...I would like
to put a 196 under the hood.  If I understand this correctly, this may
be a direct swap?  I just have to make sure I get the bell housing with
it?  Thanks a bunch.

Andre S