Re: Custom Spring Perches

> I bought some 5"x3/8" strap to fab some U-bolt plates from today.. while
> I was measuring the axle U-bolts, I noticed (and finally measured to
> compare).. the Travelall rear axle I'm using has 2.25" wide perches,
> while the stock Scout perches are only 2" wide.  This means I need to
> grind off some excess perch so the U-bolts snug up properly... or.. just
> put new perches in.

I just noticed yesterday that Summit is selling spring perches at
$18/pr, which seems to me might be worth the time savings.  I'm not sure
what the width is, but they are for a 3" tube, which is what I think the
D-44 is.

Another option is Rubicon Express is selling "anti-spring wrap" perches
for spring overs, which are very long to supposedly cut down on axel
wrap.  I figure this would also act kinda like an overload spring, and
keep them from inverting much at all...  I think I'd rather let them
flex tho,

-Chris
(who just discovered its a lot harder to spring over a D44 front than a
D27)