Re: Landry's '76 V345A

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "J. Michael Daugherty"
<jmdaugh@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>    Although I expect your 392 will be 99.999995% troublefree and completely
>dependable for the first 900,000 miles or so, from what has been posted by
>people that have actually met you in person...  I expected you to completely
>overhaul the V345A as well and keep it tucked away in your garage or in the
>back of your Traveler ready to be swapped in (in less than 2.5 minutes)
>alongside the road on a cold and rainy night should your fuel
>mileage/horsepower/torque drop more than 1 standard deviation below 1.7x the
>performance of a factory production engine!
>    Seriously, Congratulations on the completion of your engine project!
>I'm looking forward to seeing the images on your website and hope to see it
>at an IH gathering some time.

Actually Mike, I did think about saving it for possible future use for my
son's first Scout.  But seeing how he's only 5 years old and I have a very
small basement garage, I need the space more than I need the engine to hang
around to 10+ years.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)