Re: Landry's '76 V345A

>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:24:24 GMT
>From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
>Subject: For Sale: V345A Engine

>I just listed my 76 V345A engine (I pulled this past weekend) for sale on
>the Binder Bulletin should anyone be interested.

John,
    Although I expect your 392 will be 99.999995% troublefree and completely
dependable for the first 900,000 miles or so, from what has been posted by
people that have actually met you in person...  I expected you to completely
overhaul the V345A as well and keep it tucked away in your garage or in the
back of your Traveler ready to be swapped in (in less than 2.5 minutes)
alongside the road on a cold and rainy night should your fuel
mileage/horsepower/torque drop more than 1 standard deviation below 1.7x the
performance of a factory production engine!
    Seriously, Congratulations on the completion of your engine project!
I'm looking forward to seeing the images on your website and hope to see it
at an IH gathering some time.
    Also, Thanks to Dan for the www.airplanehome.com tip - that is just too
good!

J. Mike - who just found an IH screwdriver today!
Jamie and J. Michael Daugherty
jmdaugh@domain.elided