Ford Starter solenoid help

The standard Ford Solenoid 'S' terminal activates the solenoid, 'S' for
'Start'.  The 'I' terminal is for 'Ignition' and will have full +12 on it
when the solenoid has been activated by the 'S' terminal.  The 'I'
terminal is the one that goes straight to the + side of the coil,
to give full battery voltage to the coil for starting.  It is open
(i.e., no voltage) when the solenoid is not activated.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup