Re: T19 shifts

SLarsonIH@domain.elided wrote:
> Then again, maybe if I shifted slower and let the poor thing catch up... >>
>
> This is exactly, word for word, what I would have said, if I'd read my e-mail
> sooner. Well, I haven't tried the "shifted slower and let the poor thing catch
> up", thing yet. Have you? I just don't think it'd be fun.

I have tried it... maybe my double clutching isn't as good as I'd like
it to be... well, NO, my clutching is fine.. it's that the motor isn't
warmed up enough yet and *IT* isn't acting "predictable".. but for the
most part if I double clutch in the AM, it doesn't grind *as bad* but it
still doesn't go in perfect.. that said, I did it this morning and hit
2nd without a hitch..

But on most occasions, I pull into 2nd, and it goes through the syncros,
but not *into gear* immediately.. giving the gears enough time to spin
differently and defeat the whole syncromesh process.

Once it's warm... watch out, here I come!

-Tom