Re: leak help

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and cookiedan@domain.elided
(Daniel Nees) were heard saying...

>The tranny and transfer do not share fluid, unless the rear tranny seal
>goes. You could just be leaking around the pinion seal. This should be
>fairly easy, you just need a gear puller to remove the pinion yoke. Once
>you have t off just pry off the old seal, then tap on a new one.

Just so you know John, in the three Dana 20 transfer cases I've had the
opportunity to remove the output shaft yokes from, none of them required a
puller.  In every case, once the output shaft nuts were removed, the yokes
just slid right off by hand.

Your mileage may vary.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)