Re: ihc-digest V6 #569

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Rik DesJardin wrote:

> I was leaning toward points also but was wondering if the life of the points
> would be shortened by increased the spark

Rik - my understanding is the Jacobs (MSD/Crane/whatever) only uses the
points as a trigger.. there's very little current through the points,
which means they should last "forever".. the rubber block the points ride
on will wear before the points.

Of course, the *best* setup (IMO) is a Jacobs/MSD/Crane (whatever your
religion) with a Points distributor with a Pertronix in it.. no rubber
block to wear, no points to wear.. but if it fails, put the points back
in.

-Tom "redunancy is your friend" Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout