Re: Help---expensive sounding CLLLank!

I wouldn't be too worried.My mate's Land-Rover series 3 did this exactly as
you describe and under the same conditions.The shift linkages were out of
adjustment.
You might want to check that you're getting full throw out of the lever.One
way is to disconnect the lever from the shift rod clevis(or whatever you've
got) and put it in low range at the transmission and see that you still
have some travel left in the lever/linkage.

PS:still can't get any springs for my NP201 output gear,but I was offered 3
definite leads on front axles complete with BRAKE
DRUMS!!!!!!Finally.Hopefully I can pick up one of those axles for under
$150(about all I can scrape at the mo.)

Regards,Jed.