Lift Figures

I just took some new "lift" measurements...

Another stock Scout II  - 75 XLC.  From top of axle tube to bump stop
bracket in the rear (those w/o bracket, add .5" from the frame)

3.5"

My lifted '77 (4" Skyjacker and 2" longer shackles) - 7" (I should double
check.. just occured to me that isn't what I got before..)

'77 Scout II w/o motor/trans/blah blah, springs-over with Travelall rear
axle?  10.5"!  7" of lift over stock.

I bolted my 33x12.50 from the '77 (on 15x8s) onto the T'all axle and took
a look (and pictures).  On the '77, the trade is about even with the
fender lip.  On the Racer (T'all axle), the tread sticks out over an
inch.  I took a rear-view picture of both to show the difference.

Looking at it, it looks like 33s will fit just fine with the spring
over.. no rubbing on the front, anyhow.  Because the axle is wider, the
fender lip is going bye-bye along with the lower half of the rear quarter
and the back half of the wheel well is getting removed as well.

-Tom