Re: Hearsay

John G.

I was checking the markets today and Volvo has indeed been sniffing around
Navistar.  The $1,500,000,000 in losses that they can use to offset income
but a buyer can't will definitely color the deal.  This may be one of
those situations where it is better to operate than sell.  Operate the
business, imagine that.

How's come no US companies want to be in the truck business?  Is there no
money to be made or what?  I'm curious.

IH can't really compete in the current SUV market.  These buyers aren't
looking for anything heavy duty.  Maybe to look the part but not be the
part.  It might ride a bit rough.  I suspect that's why Ford split it's
truck line so completely.  The two just can't be reconciled.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776