Re: Lower cladding / bed liners

Tom:

The "Plasti-Dip" I used on my bumper is sold by that brand name, in 10 oz
cans that are thin and tall for dipping tool handles in. They have it
available in "rattle cans" but those are not sold in CA due to lack of VOC
compliance (volitole organic compounds - oils that get into the
atmosphere). But, they said, on the back of the can, that it was available
in bulk, 5 and 50 gallon drums I beleive which you could of course spray or
brush although your spray equipment would have to be able to handle a very
thick liquid, thicker than most latex or oil base paints.

The problem I see with such coatings whether "Plasti-Dip" or "Rhino Liner"
for lower cladding is that if you dent the panel, the coating follows the
dent. Whereas if you have the hard rubber cladding, like Chrysler uses, the
metal behind dents but the cladding flexes back and you can't see the dent.

Tom H.