Re: Final question on T-18 vs T-19

I agree completely with Steve. I've driven a T18, a close T19 (briefly), and a wide
T19. My opinion is that both of the T19s are superior to the T18, and not just the
syncro in first/reverse. The T19 seemed to have a tighter feel while shifting,
while the T18 has a very long shift motion (seemed like you moved the top of the
shift lever at least 2 feet - I'm sure this is partially due to the T18 having a longer
shift lever, but I don't think that accounts for all of it). Maybe my T18 was worn out,
but it didn't have a detent going into reverse, and shifting into 3rd without grinding
was always a bit of a challenge - non-syncro 1st on one side, non-syncro reverse
on the other. I just found both models of T19 to be genrally more comfortable to
shift. Also, offroad the lower 1st gear of  the wide T19 makes a big difference - it's
much lower.

Later,
  Curt