	Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:59:53 -0700
	From: pharmer <pharmer@domain.elided>
	Subject: RE: michigan

	I'll be working remote and out of the Detroit area.  I'm thinking
about
	schools, culture, freeway access, hiking.  Since that combo doesn't
exist to
	my knowledge, I think I'll probably settle in Royal Oak.

	Then, instead of hiking around mountains, I'll probably get a small
boat
	that my family can use for fishing on quiet weekend mornings.  You
know, I
	prefer the mountains to water - since you can't pave over a
mountain, but
	you can surround a body of water.  But, since leaving Michigan I
have really
	come to miss all that water (not the rain, the kind on the ground).
One of
	the advantages of IHs, is that they are true multi-purpose vehicles:
they
	can go on rugged trails or pull a trailer - unlike a lot of jeeps,
imports,
	etc.

	I was thinking about looking for a family-oriented offroad club for
sand
	dune, snow, and mud trail adventures.  I didn't see any IH-based
ones
	  any recommendations?  Where do you live at?  Have a mechanic who
isn't
	afraid to adjust a carb on an IH?

	As far as winter goes, I guess I'll probably be keeping the IHs 80%
	deactivated - just take them out for a few fun trips in the winter
(then
	wash the bajesus out of them!).

	Ken Farmer
	1980 Scout II