Re: The Right Stuff - Are You Sure?! :-) -Forwarded

Pete,

I am the guy who brought up "The Right Stuff".

Wow!  I didn't know it would do that.  Hmmmm.....

You may have to cut the stuff.  I haven't tried to get my valve cover
loose yet.  I was thinking about doing the oil pan.

You might try a small stubby knife with a big handle made out of a hacksaw
blade. Heat the blade to cherry red and cool slowly to soften the steel so
it won't be brittle.  Then you can put a lot of pressure on it. I'll try
to get on the web and hit Permatex's web site.  They may have some
suggestions. I can't imagine it's supposed to be a permanent attachment,
that makes no sense.

Another idea is to heat the knife blade like you do to cut a windshield
out of a modern (not Scout) vehicle.  These knives have a bent blade to
get the handle out of the way.  This can't be right.

I'll post if I find out anything.

Sorry,

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776