Re: Scout Overdrives

Doug Rasmussen wrote:
>   These are the same B-W od units used by Ford and GM in cars and pickups.
> The basic unit and parts availibility should not be any problem.  The
> problem is finding a unit with the adaptor to the Dana 20.
> a centrifugal  switch set to a certain drive line rpm.  There's an
> engagement knob on the dash for "in" or "out".  When it's "in" and the
> drive line reaches the appropriate rpm the od engages.  Likewise, when
> slowing down and the driveline is revolving slowly it disengages.   I
> believe you lose compression braking with the unit engaged.

Ahhh.  So this is the same unit that's on my mom's '68 Chevy 1/2T
pickup!  It's a 3-on-the-tree with electronic OD.. factory stuff.  It
has two selectors.. one pull-cable and one switch.

So.. all I need to do is rob the OD from mom's pickup without her
knowing and then adapt it... hmmm...

It'd be a shame if something seriously bad happened to that pickup....
;-)